The success attained by the Government of Malta in the context of eGovernment can be partly attributed to the pivotal role of the underlying set of service enablers. These services provide the building blocks which enable a common authentication/authorization, mobile messaging, electronic payments, online forms and common data registers throughout all eGovernment Services.
The Developer’s Toolkit is an online repository which providers developers the required information to facilitate integration with eGovernment Shared Services (eGSS). The aim of the tool kit is to:
• Provide a technical overview of eGovernment Share Service
• Guide developers step by step on how to integrate with eGovernment Shared Services
• Help developers to keep in line with the expected standards and polices
• Promote the use of industry best practices through articles, tutorials and code samples
• Keep developers up-to-date with new services and technologies