30 years of Knowledge | Experience | Technology
Founded by the foresight of individuals who believed in the disruptive power and the benefits of Information Technology, and what this would bring to modern civilisation, today MITA is considered as the leading Government Entity when it comes to Technology.
Today this appetite for innovation still feeds the incessant drive that the Agency fosters as a leader in the application of technologies, best practices and team-work.
Be part of IT
Receive a notification when an open position is ready to be filled in with the right candidate. We look forward to meeting you!
Project Team Leader
Career Opportunity in Information Security
Jobsplus Permit 489/2016
The increasing challenges brought about by the ever-evolving cyber threat landscape requires smart individuals who are passionate about the topic of Information Security and are eager to continue to grow and make a difference within Government’s ICT operations. MITA is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to work within its Security Governance Team that forms part of the Information Security and Governance Department to fulfil the role of Project Leader receiving direction from and reporting to, the Manager Security Governance.
We are looking for a passionate individual with a flair for technical security assignments to directly contribute towards the secure provisioning and upkeep of Government ICT solutions by driving initiatives under the direction of the Security Governance Manager related to:
- The articulation and updating of information security policies applicable to MITA and the Government of Malta;
- The execution of technical governance checks on MITA’s ICT infrastructure to verify compliance against controls defined within information security policies;
- The execution of technical security risk assessments to proactively identify security risks and compensating controls to effectively mitigate these risks.
This position is ideal for a person seeking to form part of a dynamic team with a can-do attitude whilst collaborating with various parties across the Agency to further safeguard Government’s digital assets.
Candidates must possess leadership skills, be conversant with current / emerging technologies and have sound security principles. Prior exposure in areas relating to Information Security policy management, international Information Security standards and Information Security Risk Management will be considered an asset.
Eligible candidates must hold either of the following qualifications and/or experience in an ICT related area:
- A qualification (MQF Level 7 OR higher); OR
- A qualification (MQF Level 6) and an additional one year experience; OR
- A qualification (MQF Level 5) and an additional three years' experience; OR
- A qualification (MQF Level 4) and an additional four years' experience; OR
- Five years' experience in a related area.
*Candidates’ qualifications, experience, and competencies will be assessed in line with the Agency’s Career Progression framework. The successful candidate may be engaged at either the standard level – Career Level 4 or the Senior level – Career Level 5.
Submit a detailed CV, together with a covering email, scanned copied of certificates and the names of two referees and their email addresses by not later than 29th January 2021 to email@example.com.
MITA provides equal opportunities. Investing in your future. Eligibility Requirements