30 years of Knowledge | Experience | Technology
Founded by the foresight of individuals who believed in the disruptive power and the benefits of Information Technology, and what this would bring to modern civilisation, today MITA is considered as the leading Government Entity when it comes to Technology.
Today this appetite for innovation still feeds the incessant drive that the Agency fosters as a leader in the application of technologies, best practices and team-work.
Be part of IT
Receive a notification when an open position is ready to be filled in with the right candidate. We look forward to meeting you!
Technical Services Officer – Infrastructure Services
Jobsplus Permit 379/2017
We are looking for passionate individuals to join an energetic team who is transitioning from traditional system administration to modern IT infrastructure management practices by harnessing Agile, Devops and infrastructure as code in an environment that is constantly delivering new services for the benefit of Maltese citizens.
The team is responsible for the operation and continuous improvement of Government’s shared hosting infrastructure which includes a hybrid cloud platform (using Azure, Azure Stack Hub) with a mix of IAAS and PAAS, a VM oriented hosting platform (VMWare and Hyper-V), and the MITA managed Server and Database ecosystem. The scale that we operate in is quite unique for the island and the investments in tech and people are quite considerable. We also believe in mentoring and guiding techies to see them grow into skilled professionals.
As a TSO, you will learn and be responsible for:
- troubleshooting operational issues, reduce the recurrence of incidents, propose service improvements, and assist clients with service requests;
- writing code, use automation tools and dynamic UIs to build a reliable, and fully self-service infrastructure;
- participating in technical projects involving the latest tech for backend infrastructures;
We are looking for individuals who are interested in beginning their career in infrastructure engineering, and would like to build on the following areas:
- managing servers (Windows / Linux) and / or databases (such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL);
- managing virtual hosting infrastructures (VMware, Hyper-V) and hybrid cloud platforms (Azure, Azure Stack Hub);
- writing code to solve problems (using powershell, bash, python or anything you are familiar with);
- experimenting with cloud technologies (such as CI/CD pipelines, containers), and self-service APIs and tools to make developers highly productive.
Eligible candidates will hold either of the following combinations of qualifications and/or experience, related to ICT.Either:
- an ICT related diploma (MQF level 5); OR
- an ICT related diploma (MQF level 4) together with one-year experience in an ICT related area; OR
- two years’ experience in an ICT related area.
Fresh graduates may be offered an employment opportunity subject to the provision of final results. *Candidates’ qualifications, experience and competencies will be assessed in line with the Agency’s Career Progression framework. Successful candidates may be engaged at either the Associate level – Career Level 2, the standard level – Career Level 3 or the Senior level – Career Level 4.
Submit a detailed CV, together with a covering email, scanned copies of certificates and the names of two referees and their email addresses by not later than 25th May 2021 to email@example.com
MITA provides equal opportunities. Investing in your future.
Jobsplus Permit 589 / 2016
We are committed to delivering citizen and business centric digital services aimed at enhancing productivity and transforming Government operations. In our eGov Shared Service team, we:
- Provide consultancy services to Government on the automation of business processes leading to a digital transformation to achieve improved service quality and delivery.
- Implement mobile services (mServices) to be used by citizens and business as well as facilitating more effective delivery of public services by public offices.
- Explore the use of emerging technologies through proof of concepts to bring about digital transformation of eGovernment services for possible future adoption by the Agency or Government.
We are building a team of outstanding individuals who shall bring about this transformation using the latest technologies and development methodologies. If you wish to be part of this, get in touch with us.
The successful candidate will be expected to hold either of the following set of qualifications and/or experience:
- an ICT related diploma (MQF level 5) or higher, in which case experience is not necessary; OR
- an ICT related diploma (MQF level 4) together with one-year experience in a related area; OR
- two years’ experience in an ICT related area
Fresh graduates may be offered an employment opportunity subject to the provision of final results.
*Candidates’ qualifications, experience and competencies will be assessed in line with the Agency’s Career Progression framework. Successful candidates may be engaged at either the Associate level – Career Level 2, the standard level – Career Level 3 or the Senior level – Career Level 4.
Submit a detailed CV, together with a covering email, by not later than 26th May 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MITA is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in your future.